What happens if a staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
As The Crazy Store family, we take the safety and good health of our staff and customers extremely seriously. That’s why we have protocols in place to protect our customers and staff, should a staff member be tested positive for COVID-19. Take a look at the protocols below, please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- The affected store is closed immediately.
- The affected staff member is sent home to self-isolate immediately.
- We carry out contact tracing to identify staff members who had regular or close contact with the affected staff member. These employees will be sent home immediately to self-isolate.
- Medical clearance is required, confirming that our employee has been tested negative for COVID-19, before our employees can return to work.
- The affected store is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised by a reputable company.
- The store is only re-opened once given the go-ahead by the relevant Department of Health official.
What measures are we taking to keep our stores clean and safe?
Safety and hygiene in our stores are our top priority. To keep our stores clean for our staff and customers’ safety, we have increased our already rigorous cleaning measures. Review our safety measures below, please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- We have increased the frequency of store-wide deep cleaning.
- Our staff will be sanitising customer’s hands upon entering our stores.
- No customer will enter the store without a face mask.
- We’re limiting the number of customers allowed into stores at a time. Stores also have floor signs in the queues reminding customers of the 2-meter safe wingspan they need to keep at the till points.
- To keep our customers and staff in shopping centre-based stores safe, we’re working closely with the shopping centres to ensure they introduce additional hygiene measures.
- Any staff member who starts to feel unwell must stay home with immediate effect, adhere to our sick leave policy as read with our COVID-19 Workplace Plan.
- We will continue to take whatever actions are necessary to ensure that customers and our store teams are safe.
Are children allowed in the store?
We know that your little ones love visiting their favourite store, so we will not prevent children from entering. We also understand that it might not always be possible to arrange alternative childcare.