It’s back! We will be hosting The Crazy Store Lighthouse Ten Night Race. This exciting race is taking place on Wednesday, 6 March 2024.
The Crazy Store will once again be the main sponsor of this race and runners can look forward to a thrilling event, now in its seventh year! Our 5km fun run is also available, so everyone is welcome to participate!
Whether you want to take part in the 10km road race or take it easy and participate in the 5km Fun Run, be sure to join us at the Sea Point Promenade! Work up a sweat while enjoying the majestic scenery and the beautiful sunset at Sea Point. This route is sure to get your heart racing, while you inhale the fresh smell of the ocean and enjoy a refreshing sea breeze.
You are invited to join us in what promises to be a memorable event, with The Crazy Store!
ESSENTIAL RACE INFORMATION
- When: Wednesday, 6 March 2024
- Start & Finish Venue: Beach Road, Sea Point, opposite Winchester Mansions
- Start times: 10km - 18:30; 5km – 18:45
- Distance: 10km Road Race and 5km Fun Run
- Online entries close: Sunday, 25 February 2024 (midnight)
Crazy Store branded caps to all 10km finishers and Crazy Store branded socks to all 5km finishers.
HOW TO ENTER
ENTER ONLINE AT:
This is a pre-entry race only.
Enter online before 25 February 2024 (midnight). For enquiries, contact Top Events @ [email protected] or Rayaan Williams on 076 085 9303.
Number collection will take place on race day from 13:00 to 30 minutes before the race starts.
- 10km Senior Licenced athletes – R100
- 10km Junior Licenced athletes – R60
- 10km Senior Unlicenced athletes (includes temporary licence) – R150
- 10km Junior Unlicenced athletes (includes temp licence) – R90
- 5km Fun Run – R50 per person
RACE INFORMATION AND ORGANISATION
Enquiries – Email [email protected]
- This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until 25th February 2024.
- Cut-off time is 2 hours.
- Social walkers welcome. Walkers to start at the back and to keep to the side of the road.
- A tog bag facility will be provided. NO VALUABLES are to be left in your tog bag as the organisers or any other persons involved directly or indirectly in the event will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damage in this regard.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
- This is a carry-your-own water event. There will be one water refill station on the route and Coca-Cola and water at the finish area of the event. There will be NO water sachets.
Supporters are not to follow athletes on the route.
- Refreshment point will be supplied offering a combination of water and Coca-Cola. This event is plastic sachet free and will have water refill stations. Participants are encouraged to carry their own.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials at all times.
- Nobody under the age of 14 years may participate in the 10km Run.
- Children under the age of 10 entering the 5km must be accompanied by an adult.
- The time limits are 2 hours for the 10km.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back in order to be eligible to participate. Temporary licence holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Entry cards must be in the athletes possession during the race and handed in at the results board at the finish.
- You can purchase age category tags directly from Western Province Athletics or at card collection. NO Tags no prize.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse responsibly by using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies, and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers at least one month prior to the official race date to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- A tog bag facility will be available at the entrants own risk.
PRIZE GIVING AND PRIZES
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors born 2005 or after, must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes.
- Prize giving will start at 20:00 and lucky draws will take place after.