For purposes of this Policy:
“Applicable Laws” means any laws, regulations, treaties and codes, including the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, which may be applicable to your relationship with us;
"Client" or “you” means any prospective, new or existing client of The Crazy Store; and
"The Crazy Store", “we” or “us” means The Crazy Store, a division of Melbro Retail (Pty) Ltd , Company Registration Number: 1996/07147/07, of 15-17 Packer Avenue, Epping Industria II, Eppindust, Cape Town, 7475, South Africa.
This Policy sets out how your personal information will be used by The Crazy Store, our website crazystore.co.za (“Website”), and any of our affiliated companies or brands and applies to any information, including personal and special personal information, you give to The Crazy Store, or which The Crazy Store may collect from third parties.
This policy should be read with the Website terms and conditions.
It is important that you read this Policy carefully before submitting any personal information to The Crazy Store.
By submitting any personal information to The Crazy Store you provide consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Policy.
The provisions of this Policy are subject to mandatory, unalterable provisions of Applicable Laws.
Please do not submit any personal information to The Crazy Store if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Policy. If you do not consent to the provisions of this Policy, or parts of the Policy, The Crazy Store may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
AMENDMENT OF THIS POLICY
We may amend this Policy from time to time for any of the following reasons:
● To provide for the introduction of new systems, methods of operation, services, products, offerings or facilities;
● To comply with changes to any legal or regulatory requirements;
● To ensure that our Policy is clearer and more favourable to you or us;
● To rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time; and/or
● For any other reason which we, in its sole discretion, may deem reasonable or necessary.
Any such amendment/s will come into effect and be binding on all parties upon notice to you via electronic means (such as SMS) or by publication of the amendment/s on the official website.
PRIVACY AND INDEMNITY
The Crazy Store takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information very seriously, and we will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy and Applicable Laws. It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your personal information yourself.
We have implemented reasonable technical and operational measures to keep your personal information secure.
You hereby indemnify and hold The Crazy Store harmless from any loss, damages or injury that you may incur as a result of any unintentional disclosures of your personal information to unauthorised persons or the provision of incorrect or incomplete personal information to The Crazy Store.
Information which we may collect about you
● Your name, address, contact details, date of birth;
● Records of correspondence or enquiries from you or anyone acting on your behalf;
● Details of purchases you make from us;
● Sensitive or special categories of personal information, such as images (from CCTV camera footage).
We may require you to provide additional personal information, in order for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
You may provide personal information to us either directly or indirectly, by entering our promotional competitions, through our Website, in our stores, over the telephone, CCTV cameras, digital recordings or any other means.
We may also collect your personal information from any regulator, or other third party that may hold such information, where we are lawfully entitled to do so.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use, transfer and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
● Providing you with our goods;
● Complying with your instructions or requests;
● Matters relating to our promotional competitions;
● Detecting and preventing fraud and money laundering and/or in the interest of security and crime prevention;
● Assessing and dealing with complaints and requests;
● Operational, marketing, auditing, statistical, legal and record keeping requirements;
● Complying with Applicable Laws, including lawful requests for information received from local or foreign law enforcement, government and tax collection agencies;
● Recording and/or monitoring your telephone calls and electronic communications to/with The Crazy Store in order to keep record thereof, accurately carry out your instructions
and requests, to use as evidence and in the interests of crime prevention;
● Conducting market research;
● Where you have unsubscribed from certain direct marketing communications, for the purposes of ensuring that we do not send such direct marketing to you again;
● To disclose your personal information to third parties for reasons set out in this Policy or where it is not unlawful to do so; and
● Improving or evaluating the effectiveness of our business or offerings.
DIRECT MARKETING AND UNSUBSCRIBING
We may from time to time contact you about our goods, services, and offerings, which we believe may be of interest to you, by email, phone, text or other electronic means, unless you have unsubscribed from receiving such communications.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our mailing list, please e-mail us at the address [email protected] with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, we will hold your contact details on file so marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be shared with our agents and sub-contractors, and selected third parties who process the information on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we are entitled or obliged to do so under Applicable Law, including to:
- determine which goods, services and offerings may be of interest to you and/or to send you information about these, unless you object or choose not to receive such communications;
- have a better understanding of the your circumstances and needs to provide and improve our goods, services and offerings;
- give effect to our promotional competitions;
- prevent, detect and report fraud and criminal activities, and to identify the proceeds of unlawful activities and the combatting of crime; and
- comply with requests from third parties, including local or foreign regulators, if The Crazy Store is required to do so in terms of Applicable Laws; or to protect the rights, property or
safety of The Crazy Store, clients or other third parties.
We may transfer your information to an agent, sub-contractor or third party who carries on business in another country, including one which may not have data protection laws similar to those of the Republic. If this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
If you do not wish us to disclose this information to third parties, please contact our Information Officer at the contact details set out above. We may, however, not be able to provide our goods, services or offerings to you if such disclosure is necessary.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may retain your personal information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will only retain it if we are permitted or required to do so in terms of Applicable Laws. However, as a general rule, we will retain your information in accordance with retention periods set out in Applicable Laws, unless we need to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose.
ACCESS TO, CORRECTION AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 or information about third parties under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of such personal information are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge.
You may request the correction of personal information which The Crazy Store holds about you. Please ensure that the information we hold about you is complete, accurate and up to date. If you fail to keep your information updated, or if your information is incorrect, The Crazy Store may limit the goods, services and offerings offered to you.
You have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of and, where applicable, to obtain restriction on the processing of personal information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details set out above.
You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information.
For more information in this regard please read our PAIA manual.
Our Website contain hyperlinks to other pages on our Website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Website our visitors choose to view. This technology does not identify you personally: it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
You may link to another website which is outside of our control. Once you have left our Website, The Crazy Store does not remain responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. It is imperative that you exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website of any third party.
In order to collect the anonymous data (i.e. data that does not identify you personally but purely statistical data), we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They help users navigate Website efficiently and allow certain functions, such as buying products online. When you visit Website, cookies may be stored on your computer. They are used to store a variety of information about you and your preferences, which is afterwards sent back to the visited website.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you choose not to accept cookies from our Website this may limit their functionalities or performance. You can stop your browsers from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. Explore the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable cookies.
● to identify you as an authorised user;
● to provide you with safe restricted access areas;
● to remember you so that when you come back to our Website you do not need to enter your information again; and
● to understand what brought you to our Website and what pages you have visited.
You can find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and for a video about cookies visit http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
We welcome comments about this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, you may contact us by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling +27 (0)86 111 1281. We will store any correspondence from you at our offices.
Should you believe that we have utilised your personal information contrary to Applicable Laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with us.
If you are not satisfied with such process, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below:
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
Email: [email protected].
While we have taken care to ensure that the contents and other information on our Website are accurate, this Website and the products or services accessible on this Website and your use of and reliance on the information on this Website and the online services, are entirely at your own risk. The Crazy Store accepts no liability for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature that may be caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this Website or reliance on any information contained therein.
The Crazy Store will not be liable for any event over which we have no control e.g. downtime or failures for services provided by third parties such as public telecommunication service providers, Internet services providers, electricity suppliers or local authorities.
The Crazy Store will not be liable for any damage or loss regarding customer data directly or indirectly caused by any malfunction of our system, third party systems, power failures, computer viruses or unlawful access of data on our system or third party systems or programming defects.