Tips To Kit Out Your First Kitchen
Are you moving out of home or varsity, or have you moved into a completely new area and space and need to kit your kitchen? We know it may be slightly overwhelming thinking about all the things you need in your new kitchen, but don’t stress. In this article, we will look at how you can compile a list of kitchen essentials for your new home and plug you with the best kitchen tools to have.
First, Plan Your Kitchen’s Look
You might want to complete this step before moving to a new place. Once you have viewed your new home and have an idea of how the kitchen area looks, it is better to start creating a mood or vision board that you will use to explore and experiment with looks before making the final decision. Think about how you want your kitchen to look. Visualise it and ask yourself what you want to achieve with your kitchen setup. Do you want it to accommodate your visitors too so that when you are hosting, you get to treat them to a cooking show, or do you want something minimalistic and essential? What colours are you thinking of? Lighting? Floors? All these have to be part of your ‘before-the-move’ ideating, and once you have sorted it out or have an idea of what you want, comes the real job.
The First Essentials Buy
Furnishing your first home, apartment, or space means you do not have many things in it, so you will need to go on a big shopping spree, or at least an important ‘first items’ spree for the essentials you will need for everyday use. Here are some of the essentials you will need:
- Pots and pans (start with one stockpot, one saucepot, and one frying pan)
- Crockery, cutlery, mugs and drinkware (if you’re living alone, two of each is fine to start with)
- Oven-safe cooking dish
- Cutting board
- Oven mitts
- Measuring tools
- Dish towels (four to start)
- Dish soap and sponges
- Dish drying rack
We understand that sourcing kitchen products can feel like a task and a half, but not with The Crazy Store on your side. We have a range of kitchenware, cookware, bakeware, glass and plastic food containers, cutlery, mugs and even some decor inspiration. So, why not make The Crazy Store your first stop when sourcing kitchen items? We even have disposable crockery if you need something to give your guests some takeaway meals so you don’t lose your everyday containers.
Some Pro-Tips When Shopping
- A good tip to remember any time you go grocery shopping, but especially when you’re stocking an empty kitchen, is to never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. Having a snack or a meal before you go to the store helps ensure that you don’t just grab things off of the shelf because they look good and instead pick up just the things that are on your list.
- Always assume you’ll need to make more than one trip to the shops. When you’re starting from scratch, it makes sense that it will take you a few trips before you truly have what you need, so there’s no pressure to get it all right on the first try.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Talk to your family, friends, join groups on social media of like-minded people so that you get to know about sales, where to buy affordable things, recipes, etc. A community will help you a great deal.
Decorating your new kitchen is going to be fun as long as you plan it out properly and allow yourself as much time as you need to fully kit your kitchen. Your own pace will ensure that you create the kind of kitchen you like to cook and bake in. Remember to visit The Crazy Store for all your kitchen essentials and more.